Whether you work from home or you travel to the office, taking care of yourself has never been more important than now. It’s essential to find time in our busy schedules to make sure that our mind and body are functioning at their best.
Making your own face masks is a great tool to help you kick back and show some yourself some love. When your skin looks and feels great, you can walk into any room and command attention. These easy DIY face masks will give you the confidence boost you need to rock any meeting and conquer your day — even if it’s just from your living room.
Lush Chocolate Hydration Mask
Did you know that chocolate is good for something besides your sweet tooth? It’s true! Cocoa actually improves hydration and has skin-soothing antioxidants for glowing skin.
This mask combines the power of cocoa with ultra-hydrating avocado and the anti-inflammatory properties of honey in order to make your skin look good enough to eat. Now that sounds luxurious.
- ¼ of an avocado
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mash your avocado in a small bowl.
- Stir in cocoa powder and honey until fully combined.
- Spread evenly over clean dry skin and leave the mask on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and finish with moisturizer. Voila!
The Breakfast Mask
Next time you’re making breakfast, try whipping up this face mask while you’re at it. This mask uses oatmeal, honey, egg yolk, and a splash of olive oil in order to mattify oily skin without drying it out.
The oatmeal and egg yolk work to soothe, exfoliate and tighten the skin, while olive oil and honey moisturize your face for healthy-looking radiance. Time to get your glow on.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup of oatmeal
- In a small bowl, stir together the egg yolk, honey, olive oil, and oatmeal. Make sure to mix it thoroughly!
- Apply evenly to clean dry skin and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Gently rinse off with warm water, scrubbing in a circular motion as you go. This will help the oatmeal scrub off any leftover dead skin. Finish with moisturizer and you’re ready for the day.
Dull skin got you down? Honey-Orange mask to the rescue! Honey is truly the skin superhero. It’s antibacterial and antioxidant properties help prevent breakouts and relieves redness and skin irritation. Mix honey with vitamin C packed fresh orange juice, and you’ve got a serious skin savior on your hands.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- ¼ cup honey
- Combine orange juice with honey and mix well.
- Rub the mixture over your clean dry face and then leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and follow with a moisturizer. Say hello to your refreshed skin!
These masks may not be able to write your emails for you, but that may be able to reduce stress and give you the confidence you need to seize the day. Try these masks at home and let us know what you think!